Gwyneth Paltrow's favorite detox book and program by Alex Junger.Top Rated Diets of 2016
- Established: 2009
- Author: Dr. Alejandro Junger
- Accessibility: Book
- Diet Type: Plant-based food detox
- Gender: Male, female
- Celebrity Endorsements: Gwyneth Paltrow
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
Dr. Alejandro Junger's "Clean" detox book outlines a complete detox program, which has received the praises of mega star Gwyneth Paltrow. Unlike most fasts, which contain very sparse diets, Clean actually allows you to eat focusing on foods that are plant-based, whole and organic.
This 3-week detox program is designed to ease digestion by providing two liquid meals a day and a solid one in between, eliminating allergenic and mucus-forming food, which frees up even more energy. In addition, yoga, breath work, exercise and the daily ingestion of olive oil to maintain the health of the liver is also recommended.
Dr. Junger is a Uruguayan-born, New York City internal medicine doctor where he practices at the Eleven Eleven Wellness Center is also designing an Integrative Medicine Service at Lenox Hill Hospital, for which he was asked to be the Director of Integrative Medicine.PRO
- Dr. Junger is a well-respected medical doctor
- Detox program allows for food
- Weight loss will likely occur
- Well-organized and structured plan
- Focuses on eating fresh foods while avoiding anything processed
- Has an exercise component
- Improves digestion
- Three week time commitment may be difficult to adhere to
- Weight loss is temporary without further lifestyle changes
- No scientific basis for the efficacy of cleanses
- Regular daily oil consumption is not appealing
- Several food restrictions
The Clean detox program is a well-outlined three week plan in which what to eat and when to eat are clearly explained in Dr. Junger's book. Two liquid meals and one solid-food meal are allowed each day in addition to drinking tea and water. Alcohol, dairy, sugar, caffeine, red meat, processed foods, flour, gluten and soy are not allowed.
Here is a sample day on the Clean detox program:
- 7 am: One glass of room temperature water with fresh lemon juice.
- 8 am: Herbal tea
- 10 am: Blueberry and Almond Smoothie or Mango and Coconut Milk smoothie
- 11:30 am: Coconut water (not milk)
- 1:30 pm: Watercress and miso soup or salad with carrot and ginger dressing
- 4 pm: Handful of almonds or raw pumpkin seeds
- 6 pm: Steamed salmon with steamed greens or detox Teriyaki chicken
In addition, each evening a few spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil are recommended to improve the circulation of the liver. If constipation occurs, castor oil or an herbal laxative tea can be taken.EXERCISE
The Clean detox diet suggests that you engage in gentle yoga and breath work every day in addition to some sort of sweating exercise in order to get rid of toxins. A sauna can also be done.
Since the detox program allows you to eat food and at regular intervals, you will have enough energy, if not more, to maintain your current fitness schedule.CONCLUSION
Dr. Alejandro Junger's Clean book and Clean detox diet program have received their time in the limelight thanks in part to Gwyneth Paltrow's accolades for the three-week program which left her feeling "pure, happy and much lighter."
Focusing on fresh and plant-based foods, this cleansing program is likely to drop a few pounds from your frame and leave you feeling healthier all around. Just keep in mind that weight loss is likely to be regained once regular eating habits ensue.Common Misspellings
cleen, clean diet, clean detox diet, gwyneth paltrow's detox diet, gwyneth paltrow's cleanse, clean cleanse, alex junger diet, alejandro junger diet, junger cleanse, junger dietHow Does Clean Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements