A cycled diet that keeps your metabolism guessing.
Among many of the popular diet and weight loss programs available now is the concept of Calorie Shifting. Calorie Shifting promises that you can lose weight quickly, by simply tricking your metabolism. It is a low-calorie, high-protein, low-carb and low-fat diet plan, also known as the Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet.
There are several books available on the subject of Calorie Shifting, one such notable one is the ebook Fat Loss 4 Idiots. The basic concept in any calorie shifting plan is that you eat four to six meals per day and drink at least 10 glasses of water. The magic of Calorie Shifting comes in how you eat the meals: Each meal you eat throughout the day needs to have a different number of calories, yet it must be a full meal so that your body doesn’t have a chance to get used to what you’re eating.
Calorie Shifting resources claim that you can lose up to 10 pounds in two weeks following this regimen.
- Focuses on eating several small meals a day to keep metabolism high
- Heavy emphasis on drinking water
- No particular group of foods is forbidden
- Fast food is discouraged
- Easy-to-follow program for those with busy schedules
- Can create your own meals and menus
- Lacks a strong exercise component
- Rapid weight loss promises might be exaggerated
- Many books on the subject lends to confusing and contradictory information
- May sound a bit gimmicky
The basic principle of Calorie Shifting is for you to eat small meals throughout the day in order to trick your metabolism into not knowing what it’s going to get, so it stays high to constantly burn fat.
The diet is a cyclical, low-calorie and high-protein plan that alternates among eating carbs, fats and proteins at certain times. While no foods are off-limits, it is recommended that fast-food be avoided.
A typical day on the Calorie Shifting diet might look like this:
- Breakfast: Two slices of Canadian bacon and two scrambled eggs.
- Lunch: Large green salad with plenty of low-glycemic veggies and three ounces of plain chicken breast.
- Late-afternoon meal: Small can of white tuna mixed with a tablespoon of reduced-fat mayonnaise.
- Evening meal: One or two hard-boiled eggs.
Exercise is a necessary part of the Calorie Shifting plan as it allows the body to tap into fat and carbohydrate reserves for energy.
A minimum of 30 minutes of cardiovascular activity should be performed on most days of the week in addition to 3-5 days of resistance training exercises.CONCLUSION
Incorporating Calorie Shifting into your way of eating appears to be an effective way to kick up your metabolism and drop some weight. The diets main precepts, keeping your meals small and avoiding between meal snacking, are good practices even when you’re not looking to lose weight.
Since it is such a popular diet method, it is important to follow a reputable Calorie Shifting diet plan by a health or medical professional.Common Misspellings
calorie shfiting, calroie shifting, claroe shifting
Related Diets: Calorie Balance Diet, Calorie Restriction Diet , The Longevity Diet, Conquer the Fat Loss Code, Fat Loss 4 Idiots, The Cheat to Lose Diet, Crack the Fat Loss Code, The CR Way, The No S Diet, Glycemic Index