Beyond Sugar Shock
Kick your addiction to sugar and carbs once and for all.Top Rated Diets of 2016
- Established: June, 2012
- Author: Connie Bennett
- Accessibility: Book
- Diet Type: Low-carb, low-sugar
- Gender: Male, female
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
Beyond Sugar Shock is a follow up book to Sugar Shock written by Connie Bennett. Beyond Sugar Shock offer a six week plan that will help you break free of your sugar addiction and get slimmer. This plan is practical and will help anyone with their sugar and carb addictions. Having a dependence on sugar and carbs can easily lead to problems like low libido, excess weight, overpowering fatigue and many other ailments. This book includes several helpful tips and will help you lead a healthier life.
The approach is compassionate while offering useful information that will help you overcome your sugar addiction. Author Connie Bennett is a motivational speaker, former sugar addict and journalist. She helps people all over the world through her groundbreaking Sugar Freedom Now Course. You can get some of the same insight from that course in Beyond Sugar ShockPRO
- Offers information on how to kick your addiction to sugar and carbs
- Includes a six week program
- Author has helped several people in the area of sugar addiction
- Focuses on not consuming too much sugar
- Highlights five different stages of sugar freedom
- Shares some of the hidden sugar culprit foods we eat a lot of
- Complaints that the book contains limited useful information
- Contains a lot of promotion for the author’s other projects
Beyond Sugar Shock offers a plan to help rid you of your sugar addiction. The book holds useful information of how too much sugar is associated with certain types of cancer, weight gain, obesity, diabetes and osteoporosis. Beyond Sugar Shock does offer five stages that lead to sugar freedom. Those stages include:
- Trapped in sugar denial: When we refuse to admit how much sugar we actually eat
- Scary or humiliating wake-up call: Something that happens that causes us to move away from sugar
- The negative abyss: A stage where you alternate between different stages of sugar complaints
- Insecurity and self-doubt: Where you wonder if you can really succeed
- You’re on your way: You accept and commit to a life without sugar
There are meal plans included in the book as well as some suggested supplements to help you curb your sugar cravings. The items suggested on the meal plan have the recipes included as needed. One day of eating on the Beyond Sugar Shock plan is reflected below.
- Breakfast: Super Oatmeal; 2 hard boiled free-range eggs (3 for men weighing more than 200 pounds)
- Lunch: Greek Spinach Salad
- Snack: 2 Wasa Hearty Rye Crispbread crackers or 8-10 gluten-free Mary’s Gone Crackers with 3 tablespoons sugar-free salsa
- Dinner: Stuffed Bell Peppers; 1 cup raw spinach side salad; olive oil dressing
- Optional evening snack: 1 small apple with 1-2 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
Exercise is an important part of Beyond Sugar Shock but your first priority with it is to do things that bring you profound joy, peace of mind, bliss, spiritual contentment, pleasure, exuberance and euphoria. You are also encouraged to write down your exercise in the journal that you keep. Yoga is one suggested form of exercise because it can also help cut your cravings. One way to make sure you get your exercise in is to have exercise snacks throughout the day one minute at a time. You can do this by stretching while you’re at work or working in some power walking while out running errands. Another suggestion for getting exercise is to keep to music. Having the right tunes can keep you motivated to move more.CONCLUSION
Beyond Sugar Shock offers a plan to help those that might be addicted to sugar or people that want to eliminate sugar from their diets. Consumption of too much sugar has been proven to lead to health problems, so a book like this can help you turn toward a healthier way of life. There are some complaints that the book offers too much fluff and advertisements for other things. However, it seems to hold some useful advice for eliminating sugar once and for all.Common Misspellings
sugar shock and beyond, beyonds sugar shock, sugar shock diet, sugar shack deit, beyond sugar shackHow Does Beyond Sugar Shock Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
Beyond Sugar Shock?