Diet and exercise advice from NFL's Tony Gonzalez.Top Rated Diet Pills of 2016
The All-Pro Diet: Lose Fat, Build Muscle, and Live Like a Champion is a book written by NFL Pro-Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez and registered dietician Mitzi Dulan. The All-Pro Diet provides a program that has been used by Tony himself to increase stamina, gain strength and increase energy.
No matter how athletic you are, the food you eat does make a difference in your performance even when you’re a professional football player. Tony Gonzalez found that when he changed his eating habits from cheeseburgers, hot wings and steaks several times a week to more healthy foods, his performance on the football field dramatically improved.
The All-Pro Diet is packed with recipes and some special strategies to help you stay on track with the program. Also included are some of the best exercises for building muscle like a pro. You won’t need weight machines, or a bunch of specialty foods to follow this program. The All-Pro Diet is low in animal protein and very high in organic, plant-based and unprocessed foods.
EDITOR’S TIP: Combine this supplement with a proven fat burner as Sletrokor for better results
- Program will give you energy and stamina
- Includes workout regimen and eating plan of a professional athlete
- Lose weight and get healthy
- Rich in plant-based foods
- Limited amounts of animal protein
- No gym equipment needed for the workout plan
- Not exclusive to me
- Eating plan may be a little strict for some dieters
- Must purchase the book to see what the exercise plan entails
- Must purchase the book to see what recipes are recommended
- Certain foods must be completely eliminated from your diet
The diet portion of the All-Pro Diet is very critical in the success of the overall program. Tony Gonzalez recommends a complete overhaul of your eating habits on this diet. There are different phases that you go through while on this program as far as eating is concerned.
One of the key things you will be giving up is fast food. You also switch from white rice, pasta and bread to the whole grain versions of those foods. The diet emphasizes vegetables and grains. Meat is limited to fish rich in omega-3, and all other meat is grass fed and organic, with limited low-fat dairy. Smoothies and healthy snacks are also very much encouraged on the All-Pro Diet. A day’s worth of eating on the All-Pro Diet might consist of the following:
- Breakfast – Greek yogurt with fruit and granola
- Mid morning snack – 10 baby carrots with 3 Tbsp. hummus
- Lunch – Fish with brown rice and veggies
- Mid-afternoon snack – 1/3 cup guacamole with 12 multigrain or sweet potato tortilla chips
- Dinner – Fish tacos with tomatoes, lime and halibut
- Evening smoothie – 1 cup hemp milk, 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 large handful fresh baby spinach; all blended together
For exercise Gonzalez keeps in mind that not everyone is going to be able to work out like he does in the NFL. He keeps the workouts fairly simple, but does include a combination of cardio and strength training.
He also highly recommends that women follow the program and incorporate strength training into their workouts to build muscle, burn more calories and build strong bones. One thing that Gonzalez addresses in the book is that by doing strength training, women won’t develop bulky muscles, which is a common fear. Some of the workout sequences included with the All-Pro Diet may be:
- Warm up – 5 minutes jumping rope
- Cardio – jogging for 30 minutes
- Strength training – dumbbell dead lifts, body weight rows, single-arm dumbbell swings, push-ups
Overall the All-Pro Diet isn’t going to give you NFL skills, but it will give you the diet and exercise program you need to lose weight and get in shape like pro Tony Gonzalez. This program is not just a temporary plan for losing weight, but a lifestyle change to keep the weight off and remain healthy. Tony Gonzalez and Mitzi Dulan give you all of the tools you need to be successful with this program.
It will definitely be different from the current way you’re eating, but if you have to desire to make that change, you won’t be disappointed with the results.Common Misspellings
all pro deit, all pro diet, all pro eating, tony gonzalez diet, all pros diet, nfl diet
Featured Diets and Supplements