Star Jones Diet
Gastric bypass is an extreme weight-loss method, but very effective.
Star Jones struggled with her weight in a very public way. She also lost it in a very public way. After undergoing gastric bypass surgery, she lost over 150 pounds.
What is gastric bypass?
A gastric bypass first divides the stomach into a small upper pouch and a much larger, lower remnant pouch and then rearranges the small intestine to allow both pouches to stay connected to it.
Surgeons have developed several different ways to reconnect the intestine, thus leading to several different GBP names. Any GBP leads to a marked reduction in the functional volume of the stomach, accompanied by an altered physiological and psychological response to food. The resulting weight loss, typically dramatic, markedly reduces co-morbidities (diseases related to obesity).
- Over 80 percent of patients will develop normal cholesterol levels within 2 - 3 months after operation.
- Over 90 percent of Type II diabetics obtain excellent results, usually within a few days after surgery: normal blood sugar levels, normal hemoglobin A1C values, and freedom from all their medications, including insulin injections
- Most asthmatics find that they have fewer and less severe attacks, or sometimes none at all. When asthma is associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease, it is particularly benefited by gastric bypass.
- Patients usually experience considerable relief of pain and disability from degenerative arthritis and disk disease, and from pain in the weight-bearing joints.
- All healing occurs by scar formation, and scars always have a tendency to contract. This may cause the opening between stomach and bowel to become too small, so that no food can get through. This causes repeated vomiting, and must be corrected.
- Food intolerances such as: Sugar, milk and milk sugar, and red meats can occur.
- Transient hair loss: During the rapid weight loss following the surgery you will probably lose much of your hair. It will grow back.
- Urinary tract infections
- Changed bowel habits and bowel obstructions
You can't really argue with the dramatic change that Star Jones went through. But, you should really think long and hard before going through gastric bypass. The consequences are serious and long term effects are still unknown.Common Misspellings
Star jons, Starjones, Starr Jones, Gastrc bypass, Gastrac Bypass, Gastric Bypass review