A reknowned psychiatrist gets to the bottom of your emotional eating.Top Rated Diets of 2017
Healthy living is more than just eating less and exercising more. Shrink Yourself: Break Free from Emotional Eating Forever program, which is both an online program and a book, stresses the need to understand emotional eating. And this makes total sense, since the Shrink Yourself program was founded by, well, a shrink. Dr. Roger Gould is a psychiatrist and Associate Clinical Professor at UCLA. Dr. Gould reminds that Shrink Yourself isn't a diet- it's a therapy process to help you turn off lifelong habits that are leaving you overweight and unhealthy. He's helped more than 20,000 people overcome their emotional eating habits.
When you begin the program, you're told not to expect huge changes at first. Since you're changing your whole mindset, success won't happen overnight. In fact, Dr. Gould says the Shrink Yourself program focuses more on WHY you eat than WHAT you eat. He says emotional eating is the number one cause of diet failure, so to finally attain success once and for all, Shrink Yourself might be the answer you need.
Both the online program and book are outlined in a similar fashion. Through both you learn about the five layers of powerlessness and how to overcome them by:
- Conquering the feeling phobia
- Waking up from the food trance
- Challenging your self-doubts
- Defeating your defeatism
- Creating real safety
- Dealing positively with anger and more
You will learn all you need to know about a lifetime of weight management. The online sessions or book chapters are claimed to unlock the secrets to living thin. There is a wealth of other tools to help you along. The online program includes blogs that you can read or participate in, a habit diary, forums and a chat room to discuss anything you want regarding your weight loss journey, and online access to one of Dr. Gould's books. The book includes practice sessions, 10 healthy eating habits, and emotional and mental exercises.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2017?
- Shrink Yourself concentrates on a very overlooked aspect of bad eating habits - emotional eating
- You have access to experts with the online program
- Has a database of articles that discuss emotional issues and their impact on your weight
- Program is offered both online and through a book version
- High profile endorsements from other people in the industry and even well-known politicians like Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and Senator Edward Kennedy
- Written by expert in this field
- Overcome #1 cause of diet failure
- While it's invaluable that Shrink Yourself pays so much attention to your psychology, it would be nice if there was some concentration on the actual foods you should eat
- There are no exercise routine recommendations
There are no food and recipe recommendations, since the Shrink Yourself program centers on emotional issues that keep you from eating properly in the first place. Even a modest list of healthy recipes could help some overweight customers overcome the hurdle of understanding what to eat. Gould does make a few food recommendations such as not substituting low-cal versions of your favorite full-calorie junk foods. However, once you begin to understand the emotions surrounding your eating habits, it does give you the freedom to follow any healthy eating plan you like.EXERCISE
There is no explicit exercise regimen given. In fact, the Shrink Yourself program stresses that you need to address your emotional issues before you exercise in order to be successful at it.CONCLUSION
Do you want to get close attention from a group of experts in the field of emotional eating? Then the Shrink Yourself program is the destination you're looking for. Your emotions are often overlooked as they relate to your eating habits. In fact, you may not even realize the psychological reasons for your overeating or inability to exercise with enthusiasm on a consistent basis. Shrink Yourself concentrates on the psychology of emotional eating and helping you come to terms with this part of your life. If you need more, like recipes, food lists and exercise routines, then you will be left wanting.Common Misspellings
shrinck yourself, shrik yourself, shrink youselfHow Does Shrink Yourself Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements