Offering women guidance to live a healthy lifestyle.
The Schwarzbein Principle is a multi-faceted program that incorporates books, gastro-intestinal testing, seminars, supplements and medical practitioner referrals. At first glance, the program seems very time intensive and confusing to the average lay person. However, upon further reading, it becomes clear that Dr. Schwarzbein has quite possibly uncovered a medical explanation for why thousands of people, mostly menopausal women, find themselves unable to lose weight, despite their best efforts.
Based on five common sense principles:
- Healthy Nutrition
- Stress Management
- Tapering off Toxins
- Cross-Training Exercise
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (for females who are peri- or post-menopausal)
Dr. Diana Schwarzbein, who is a graduate of USC's School of Medicine, has become a favorite of medical professionals whose area of care specializes in women, and has been endorsed by celebrity weight loss expert Suzanne Somers in her latest book "The Sexy Years".
Men, however, can also enjoy the program to success, as evidenced by the famous "Dallas" actor, Larry Hagman, who is featured in the website as a testimonial to Dr. Schwarzbein's principles.
- Program is often endorsed and administered by medical professionals
- The Schwarzbein principle speaks to those individuals who feel they have tried everything and nothing works
- The program is safe, and promotes a number of healthy living principles
- Developed and managed by a medical doctor
- Ideal for peri- or post-menopausal women
- The Schwarzbein Principle is fairly strict and could make it difficult for the dieter who travels a lot or dines out by choice
- For someone who is addicted to alcohol, caffeine or nicotine, one would have to first deal with that addiction in order to use the program successfully
- The program does require the user to be familiar with a number of medical terms, and without the additional gastro-intestinal testing that the website touts, one would not receive the "personalization" that the program offers
The Schwarzbein Principle dictates the following:
- Protein at every meal
- No skipping meals
- Eat real, unprocessed foods
- Drink plenty of water
- Add real carbohydrates and non-starchy vegetables
The menu plan should sound familiar to diabetics, as Dr. Schwarzbein ties weight loss, or one's inability to lose weight, to insulin resistance.
There are two companion cookbooks, one vegetarian, and one not, that include easy to follow recipes with full nutritional breakdown, making it easy for the home cook to incorporate the nutritional guidelines on a daily basis.EXERCISE
Dr. Schwarzbein has used her medical credibility to design an exercise DVD/VHS tape that outlines her principles on activity. By combining Cardiovascular, Resistance and Relaxation into one comprehensive program, you can restore a broken metabolism and heal the body. By using balance balls, resistance bands, and a heart rate monitor, the DVD/VHS format makes it easy to include activity from the privacy of home.CONCLUSION
Dr. Schwarzbein's Principle is one that tries to demystify the conflicting knowledge and opinion regarding hormones, stress, toxins and diet, and how these combine to make someone resistant to losing weight.
In researching the program, one can agree with the principles as they are proposed, but for true success to be realized, one would have to employ their medical professional for assistance with navigating the Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and the subsequent changes that the body would produce.Common Misspellings
Schwarzbean principle, shwertzbein principle, schwertzbeen prinicple