It's a diet more about healthy living than weight loss.Top Rated Diet Pills of 2016
Most of us don't make the drastic dietary changes until we learn of our poor health. Nathan Pritikin did the same in the '50s after learning he had heart disease. He quickly created a low-fat, high-fiber diet regimen accompanied with exercise that proved advantageous with clean medical reports thereafter. Based on his success, Pritikin introduced his Pritikin Diet, as well as created the Pritikin Longevity Center as a resource for other suffering similar health problems.
The Pritikin Diet requires serious commitment as it is nearly a wholly vegetarian program that is low in cholesterol, nearly void of fat and high in fiber. The Pritikin Diet recommends considerable amounts of whole grain and vegetables. You'll have about six meals each day with limited serving sizes. There are absolutely no processed grains like white bread or instant rice. The diet’s main objective is to create whole health. Studies have shown that the Pritikin diet can help reduce heart disease risks, help prevent and control type 2 diabetes and possibly some cancers. The diet also claims to promote healthy, long-term weight loss.
Main Website: Pritkin.com
EDITOR’S TIP: Combine this supplement with a proven fat burner as Sletrokor for better results
- May decrease risk of common illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes.
- Claims to reduce cancer risks
- Claims to promote healthy weight loss
- Backed by substantial research to support the long-term health benefits
- No special foods must be purchased
- The diet is a lifestyle, not a temporary solution for losing weight
- The plan is intended to create whole body wellness
- Uses mind-body medicine to improve mental well-being to accompany the physical wellness
- Vegetarian friendly
- Promotes fitness
- Meat is limited on the Pritikin plan, especially red meat
- One serving of animal protein a day is recommended, no more
- Caffeine is limited on the plan
- Many restrictions: some foods are limited to once a month
- Uses healthy mind-body medicine to promote wellness, may not have as much research to back up these practices
Exercise is an important component of the Pritikin Diet. The three main focuses are cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, and stretching. Cardio is recommended about 30 to 90 minutes six days a week. Many activities ranging from walking to jogging or rowing all fall under appropriate cardio activities. Strength training is recommended for about 20 minutes, 2-3 times a week. Any sort of resistance training is acceptable from elastic bands to free weights. Stretching is needed daily for about 10 minutes at a time.CONCLUSION
Pritikin is a very healthy diet as it eliminates nearly all cholesterol-containing foods and emphasizes fresh fruit and vegetables along with whole grains. The diet is intended to create a very healthy body, and mind as emotional well-being is a pillar in the whole program. The diet could be a tough transition for those who have eaten meat-heavy diets. The exercise is rather intense for a beginner, but seems sound in it’s reasoning, as it aims to promote longevity. As we all know, if you don’t use it, you lose it. So, consequently, if one follows the plan of healthy eating and exercise, weight loss will follow those who need to shed pounds.Common Misspellings
Pritkin Diet, Prikin Diet, Pritiken Diet