The diet promotes seven rules.
For some, the Omega Diet is the end-all in terms of finding the weight loss answers their looking for. Known for their vast nutritional benefits, Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids (EFA) promote heart health, lower blood pressure and lessen your chance for rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression and lupus.
Our diets are actually already higher in Omega-6 (found in grains, poultry and olive oil), despite Omega-3 being the more needed EFA (found primarily in flaxseed and cold-water fish like salmon). Following the Omega Diet also allows for some cheese and your favorite salad dressing. Those are bonuses when you adhere to the seven Omega Diet rules.
- Information is easy to understand
- Tasty recipes included
- Encourages high consumption of fruits and vegetables
- Considered part of the Mediterranean diet
- Focuses on the benefits of Omega 3 oils like heart health and brain function
- Focuses on overall health rather than weight loss
- Excessive fruit consumption can lead to problems from fruit sugars
- Over-emphasis in the use of canola oil
- Eat no less than seven servings of fresh produce daily
- Consume plenty of Omega-3 EFA
- Legumes and nuts should be eaten regularly
- Limit foods with saturated fats and that are high in cholesterol
- Cook with plant-based oils like olive and canola
- Remove Omega-6 oils like corn and peanut from your diet
- Remove trans-fatty acids
Because the Omega Diet focuses on overall health and is not designed specifically for weight loss, an exercise regimen is not included in the book.CONCLUSION
Although the Omega Diet is not necessarily a plan to lose weight, you can certainly take the knowledge it contains and use it towards eating healthier. Chances are if you are overweight and start eating the way the Omega Diet suggests, you will find yourself losing weight because of better food choices. You can easily apply the Omega Diet to your life and lose weight by watching your calorie intake and adding in exercise. This diet takes into account the people of Greek heritage have maintained their good health for over 5,000 years and applies it to the things we eat today. The Omega Diet has information that can help your overall life longevity and can help you get healthy.Common Misspellings
Omega Deit, Omeg Diet, Omega-3 deit, Omega-3 diet