21 Days to Transform Your Life
Montel Williams shares his approach for healthy diet and exercise.
After being diagnosed with MS (multiple sclerosis) in 1999, talk show host Montel Williams became driven to find ways to improve his well-being and optimize his health through diet and exercise. What he came away with was a firm belief that everyone needs to drop the junk food and eat their fair share of fruits and vegetables, and his book 21 Days to Transform Your Life.
In 21 Days, Montel has organized a week-by-week program featuring food and activity diaries to record everything that you eat, the exercise you do each day, and a list of specific plans for how to live well. His self-professed secret weapon is his "Green Drink"; that contains a rotating group of superfoods. He says that his body, mind, and soul are automatically recharged in the morning after he has his drink.
- Montel Williams is a charismatic and motivational figure, which can be a big help with your effort
- Mind and Body approach to weight loss and healthy living
- Incorporates super foods
- Step-by-step guidance for diet and exercise
- Supports health of those with some diseases
- Ideal for a "man's"; approach to weight loss
- Supports long-term healthy lifestyle
- The recipes have been accused of being high in sodium
- Author has no formal training in diet, fitness or health
Here are a few example recipes from 21 Days to Transform Your Life:
- Southwestern Macho Man Salad
- Red Miso Soup with Poached Wild Alaskan Salmon
- Garden Burger with Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Montel starts every day with his "Green Drink,"; which is a shake that he rotates ingredients like apples, oranges, spinach, Swiss chard, beets and mango.EXERCISE
The book, Living Well: 21 Days to Transform Your Life, has illustrated exercises.CONCLUSION
While some may be critical of his elementary approach to diet and fitness, sometimes a dose of reality is a good thing. For example, Montel states that instead of thinking about the fad superfood of the day, think about incorporating a wide range of health foods in your long-term eating habits. The point being, sometimes we get caught up in the hype, and forget some of the common sense that takes place in viable long-term health solutions. And while 21 Days to Transform Your Life came about as a response to Montel Williams' health crisis with MS, it can be applied to anybody's healthy lifestyle.Common Misspellings
Montel Willims, Montell Williams, Montel Williams book, 21 Days, Twenty One Days to Transform Your Life