Liven your tablescape with this fresh appetizer.
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 Tbs. cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice zucchini in half and scoop out middle, leaving 8 "boats"
- Steam boats for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, chop up leftover zucchini and saute in a large skillet with onion and bell pepper until soft
- Combine zucchini/onion/bell pepper mixture with eggs and cream
- Place zucchini/egg mix in boats
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake in oven until heated throughout and cheese is melted