Winning Fried Chicken
Daniel from Biggest Loser 7 says this is "stinkin' awesome!"
Yield: Serves 2
- 3 Tbsp. fat-free plain yogurt
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Ian's Whole Wheat Panko Breadcrumbs, or finely crushed Wasa Light Rye Crispbread
- 2 small 1/4-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of visible fat
- Mustard or low-fat, low-sodium marinara sauce to taste (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly mist a small nonstick baking sheet with olive oil spray.
In a medium shallow bowl, combine the yogurt, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
Place 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs or crushed crispbread in another medium shallow bowl. Set next to the yogurt mixture. Dip one chicken breast into the yogurt mixture to coat. Transfer to the crumbs to coat evenly. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Add the remaining two tablespoons crumbs to the owl. Repeat the procedure with the second breast. Place on the baking sheet, not touching the other breast.
Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Serve immediately with mustard or marinara sauce on the side, if desired.
Source: Devin Alexander from the Biggest Loser Cookbook