Whole Grain Green Tea Pancakes
Whole grain pancakes with a rich green tea flavor and plenty of antioxidants
Yield: 8 medium pancakes
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp edible green tea powder
- 1 egg*
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp milk*
- Preheat griddle to medium heat. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl then add wet to dry. Mix until just combined.
- Let batter rest for 5-10 minutes. Then coat the griddle with nonstick spray and scoop batter on in 1/4 cup measurements. Flip when edges appears dry and bubbles form on top, then cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve with desired toppings, such as light butter and maple syrup, or coconut flakes and agave nectar.
To make oat flour, simply process rolled oats in a clean coffee grinder or blender until finely ground.
Sub egg for one flax egg by combining 1 Tbsp flaxseed with 2.5 Tbsp water, stirring, and letting set for 5 minutes to achieve an “eggy” texture.
Sub non-dairy milk for a vegan friendly batter. We opted for a mix of almond and light vanilla soy.