White Bean Chicken Chili
Warm up the coldest of winter days with this hearty chili from the Biggest Loser Resort.
Per 12-ounce serving: 309 calories
Yield: Serves 8
- 3-14 ounce cans navy beans
- 2 cups tomatillos roasted (puree)
- 2 cups chicken, grilled, and small diced (fully cooked)
- 1/3 cup green chilies, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup yellow tomato, diced
- 1tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 packages of chicken chili seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper Garnish:
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 8 tortillas, cut into strips
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- Pre heat the bbq grill, salt and pepper the chicken. Grill chicken on both sides until fully cooked. Diced Chicken into small mouth sized pieces.
- While the grill is on, roast the tomatillos for 3-4 minutes until they are soft. Make sure to take the husk off and wash them before roasting them. Blend the tomatillos in a blender.
- In a soup pot heat to medium heat, then spray with pam non stick cooking spray. Start cooking the onion and garlic until it is soft. Drain the white bean and rinse. Place the beans in a pot with the rest of the ingredients and let cook for about 15 minutes so everything cooks together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut tortillas in half then cut into strips. Place them on a sheet pan and bake them for about 15 minutes until they turn golden brown and become crunchy. Be careful not to burn them.
- And 12 ounces of soup to each bowl. Ganish with avocado, cilantro and the tortilla strips.
Source: The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge