Veggie Egg White Scramble
Jump start your morning with a healthy breakfast that takes minutes to prepare.Yield: Serves 1
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup mini bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp. low-fat mozzarella cheese, optional
- 1 whole grain tortilla, optional
Coat a warm skillet with cooking spray and sautee the vegetables until soft. About 5 minutes.
Break one whole egg into a bowl. Then add the whites from the two remaining eggs. Beat well. Then add to the skillet.
Scramble the eggs and vegetables together until the eggs are done. Top with the cheese and let melt.
Serve as is with whole grain toast or wrap inside a warm tortilla.
Source: Brandi Koskie