Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond flour and coconut oil boost the nutrition on these cookies.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
See why these cookies use almond flour!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine coconut oil, palm sugar, applesauce, and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon to “cream” together until well combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flours, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir well.
- Add chocolate chips; stir well to combine. The batter will seem a bit dry, this is OK.
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop drop batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Alternatively, form the dough into 1/2 inch balls.
- Press the dough down to achieve flat cookies. This dough will not spread out like a traditional cookie dough. The thickness of the cookie placed in the oven will be nearly identical to the finished product.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Recipe and photo by Abra Pappa for NutritiousAmerica.com