Featured Blog Posts
Twice Baked Shepherd's Pie
We reinvented a classic winter favorite with twice baked potatoes and lean Italian turkey sausage.Yield: Serves 4
- 2 large russet potatoes, baked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound lean ground Italian turkey sausage
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Fresh chopped herbs like rosemary, thyme, or sage
While the potatoes are baking, heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add the oil and the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and sautée until they start to soften. Add the ground turkey and Worcestershire sauce, and season with a pinch of Kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Cook until meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Add the corn and peas.
Remove the baked potatoes from the oven, but leave the oven on. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, trying not to cut or damage the skins. Place the potato flesh in a large mixing bowl with the broth and fold in the meat and vegetable mixture with the herbs. When well-combined, fill the potato skins.
Return the potatoes to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the tops begin to brown.
Photos by Kacy Meinecke