Turkey Corn Tacos with Fresh Salsa and Beans
Blame Chef Rocco if you can't stop craving these tacos!
- Pam Olive Oil Spray
- 1-1/4 pound organic ground white turkey meat
- Salt (sparingly) and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 x 15-ounce can organic black beans, no salt added
- 9 oz. tub Scotty's Low Sodium Fresh Salsa Verde
- Cholula Hot Sauce to taste
- 1/2 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, dice
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped finely
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 8 - 6" corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt 0%
- 1-1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
Heat a large saute pan over med-high heat. Spray with Pam and add ground turkey to the pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cook stirring to break up meat. When turkey is golden brown and cooked through, add black beans and salsa and continue to cook until hot throughout. Season to taste with Cholula Hot Sauce and stir in scallions.
Meanwhile, combine diced tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Over an open flame, char tortillas, flipping once, until each side it slightly blackened. Keep warm.
Serve tortillas with turkey mixture, fresh salsa, yogurt, lettuce and sliced avocado.
Source: Chef Rocco