Three Bean Salad With Edamame
Edamame, black, and red beans give this popular side-salad enough protein to serve as a meatless main dish. Replacing the sugar used in the dressing with Stevia in the Raw cuts down on calories and carbs.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 packet STEVIA EXTRACT IN THE RAW®
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 /8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Cook edamame according to package directions. Drain in colander and cool under cold running water. Drain well. Place edamame in mixing bowl.
Add black and red beans, green pepper, and onion to edamame and toss with fork to combine. In small bowl, whisk vinegar and lemon juice with STEVIA IN THE RAW, salt and pepper until salt dissolves.
Whisk in oil. Add dressing to beans and toss, using fork, to coat salad well. Cover, and refrigerate salad for 2 to 24 hours before serving.
Source: Stevia in the Raw