Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
Instead of frosting, consider topping sugar-free cookies from the store with a small dollop of this sugar-free whipped cream.Yield:
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons granulated sucralose sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Whip cream in a chilled bowl until it thickens.
- Slowly add substitute sugar and vanilla and beat until cream forms stiff peaks.
- For sweeter whipped cream, add more sugar substitute or reduce the amount of artificial sugar if you prefer a less sweet version. Adjust as if you were using "regular" sugar.
For a tempting twist, experiment with different extracts such as almond or mint in your whipped cream. You can also add a tablespoon or two of unsweetened chocolate powder if you love chocolate. Add the chocolate powder when you add in the "sugar." If your diet allows a little cheating, get rid of the vanilla and add a tablespoon of bourbon or dark rum.