Sugar Free Prune Cake
Great bakers have always known that prunes make the best cakes!
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. prunes
- 1 c. dates, chopped
- 2 c. water
- 2 sticks shortening or butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- Boil fruits and water 5 minutes.
- Add shortening or butter, set aside to cool
- Beat 4 eggs
- Add vanilla, flour sifted with salt, soda and cinnamon, then fruit mixture and nuts
- Mix well
- Grease and flour cake pan, pour in batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean
- Note: May be baked in several small foil loaf pans, cooled and frozen.