Featured Blog Posts
Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
Healthy strawberry jam made with just three ingredients.
Yields ~ 20 1 Tbsp servings; per serving: 16 calories, .5 g fat, 0 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrates, 2 g sugar, .4 g proteinYield: ~ 2 cups
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar, or other sweetener
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- In a small saucepan, bring the strawberries and sugar to a low boil and lightly mash the berries with either a spoon, fork or potato masher.
- Reduce to a simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chia seeds and stir. Cook the jam down until it thickens - about 15 minutes - stirring frequently.
- Once the jam has thickened, remove from heat. Sample and adjust flavor, adding more sugar if you prefer a sweeter jam. Store in a jar or airtight container in the fridge and it should keep for at least a week.
recipe and photos by Dana Shultz