Featured Blog Posts
Spicy Fiesta Slaw
Chile-lovers will delight in this slaw recipe with south-of-the-border heat. To make it milder, simply replace the jalapeños with a green bell pepper for a crunchy version that is just as colorful.
Per serving: 50 calories, 3 g fat (less than 1 g saturated fat), 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 260 mg sodium.Yield: 12 servings (8 cups)
- 4 cups green cabbage, finely shredded lengthwise
- 4 cups red cabbage, finely shredded lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3/4 pound yellow squash, cut crosswise onto 2-inch slices
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 2 packets STEVIA EXTRACT IN THE RAW®
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
Place cabbage, carrots, and red pepper in large mixing bowl.
One at a time, stand squash slices on cutting board and holding knife vertically, cut off yellow outer layer in wide, thick strips, rotating slice after each cut. Discard squash centers.
Laying squash yellow side up on cutting board, cut it into thin, long strips. Add squash to vegetables in bowl, and with your hands, toss to combine them. Add jalapeños.
For dressing, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, STEVIA IN THE RAW, salt and pepper until combined. Add vinegar and mix until dressing is creamy. Pour dressing over slaw and using fork, mix for 1 minute, until dressing coats it evenly.
Cover, and refrigerate slaw 1 to 24 hours before serving
Source: Stevia in the Raw