Sonny and Joe's Hummus Roasted Turkey
A unique way to make a moist, flavorful Thanksgiving turkey.Yield:
- 1 turkey or turkey breast on the bone
- 1 – 10 oz. container of Sonny & Joe’s Just Hummus or Garlic Addiction Hummus
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tbs each sage, rosemary, thyme and garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Loosen the skin and pull back off the turkey. With a spatula, apply half of the Sonny & Joe’s Hummus to the breast of the turkey. Gently replace the skin, patting down over the layer of hummus.
- Combine the spice mixture and rub on the turkey skin.
- Drizzle olive oil over the turkey skin and massage in so that it spreads all over the turkey.
- Roast turkey according to size.
Note: Use the remainder of the Sonny & Joe’s Hummus as a tasty appetizer with crudite, chips or crackers.
Source: Sonny & Joe's