Smoked Salmon and Fresh Garden Relish
This smoked salmon recipe comes from Dr. Mike Fenster's book The Grassroot Gourmet.
Yield: 6 servings
- 4oz smoked salmon (wild preferred)
- 1 baguette or other fresh bread, cut into six ½ inch slices and toasted
- 2 garden fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 Tbs capers
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 Tbs fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup good quality olive oil
- Sour cream or crème fraiche to top (optional)
- Slice and toast the baguette.
- Divide the salmon into six portions and place on the bread.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients except the sour cream in a small bowl. Top the salmon generously with the relish.
- Top with a small amount of sour cream, if desired.
Featured in The Grassroots Gourmet: Eating Well, Living Better by Dr. Mike Fenster. Copyright of Dr. Mike Fenster. Photo by Jennifer Fenster.