Sesame Peanut Noodles
A favorite recipe from the college cookbook Freshman in the Kitchen.
- 1 pound of dry spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 small clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 carrot shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, medium diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Cook spaghetti according to directions on the box. Drain and rinse pasta, then toss with 2 tablespoons sesame oil.
Next, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, chili sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and remaining tablespoon of sesame oil in a mixing bowl. Toss the pasta with the peanut sauce mixture, the carrot, the green onion, and cucumber.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with sesame seeds,remaining carrot and remaining green onion.
Source: Freshman in the Kitchen