Featured Blog Posts
Rhubarb Iced Tea
Sippable all summer long, this rhubarb iced tea is garnished with honey and mint.Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- Mint or lavender sprigs - optional
- Place rhubarb, water, honey and the cinnamon stick in a large pot.
- Bring to boil. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick. Remove pot from heat and let steep for 1 hour.
- Pour through a fine strainer into a pitcher without squeezing. It will become cloudy.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before tasting. Add the lemon juice to taste. Add the sprigs, if you like.
photos by Kacy Meinecke