Featured Blog Posts
Reduced Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Featuring Truvia Natural Sweetener, you'll enjoy getting caught in the cookie jar again.
Per serving (2 cookies/30g): Calories 160; Total Fat, 6g; Saturated Fat, 2.5g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 20mg; Sodium, 100mg; Total Carbohydrate, 16g; Dietary Fiber, 1g; Sugars, 6g; Erythritol, 1g; Protein, 2g; Vitamin A, 4% DV; Vitamin C, 0% DV; Calcium, 0% DV; Iron, 2% DV.Yield: Makes 48 cookies
This cookie has 160 calories and 6 grams of sugar per serving compared to a sugar-sweetened cookie that has 160 calories and 12 grams of sugar per serving.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup + 2 tsp Truvia™ natural sweetener spoonable*
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips**
or 16 packets Truvia™ natural sweetener
** Regular chocolate chips can be substituted for mini chips, if desired
- Assemble all ingredients; preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place butter, Truvia™ natural sweetener and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Cream together ingredients for 1½ minutes, then add eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix for 1 minute.
- Blend rolled oats, flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into egg mixture until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into 1-inch balls and place on non-stick cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Flatten cookies gently with the bottom of a glass dipped into cornstarch or flour.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes to a light brown color.
- Place cookie sheet on cooling rack for 20- 30 minutes before removing cookies.
Source: Used with permission by Truvia Natural Sweetener