Featured Blog Posts
Red Apple Coleslaw
Chef Rocco Dispirito's healthier take on a picnic classic.
(per serving) Calories: 78, Fat: 2.5 g, Protein: 2 g, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sodium: 328 mgYield: Serves 4
- ½ cup Rocco’s Magnificent Mayonnaise (page 200) or store-bought low-fat mayonnaise, such as Hellmann’s Low-Fat Mayonnaise Dressing
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 packet (3.5 g) Truvia
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 cups shredded red coleslaw mix
- ½ bunch scallions (green and white parts), sliced thin on the diagonal
- 1 large sweet Red Delicious apple, grated with its skin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, sweetener, and celery seeds together. Add the coleslaw mix, scallions, and grated apple. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to thoroughly combine the ingredients. Chill, covered, until cold, about 2 hours.
Source (with permission): Now Eat This! a Ballantine Trade Paperback Original by Rocco DiSpirito (c) 2010 Spirit Media, LLC
Image credit: Kritsada