Raw Sunflower Butter Cookies
Healthy, protein-packed raw and vegan cookies.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (made from 6 oz. salted roasted sunflower seeds)
- 1 cup nuts (we used 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts,1/2 cup salted roasted cashews)
- 18-20 medjool or deglet nour dates, pitted (~1 cup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- If working with unprocessed sunflower seeds, place your seeds in a food processer and whirl until nut butter forms, scraping down sides as needed. Otherwise just add your sunflower butter directly to the food processor.
- Next add dates, nuts and vanilla extract and process until a loose dough forms. Some slightly larger pieces of nuts or dates may remain; that's fine.
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp measurements of dough and carefully form into small discs. Place on a parchment-lined sheet and, using a fork, make a criss-cross pattern (optional).
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate to harden. Alternatively, eat immediately or place in the freezer for longer-term storage. Will keep for several weeks when frozen.
photo by Dana Shultz