Raisin and Nut Quinoa Bowl
A flavorful and hearty quinoa bowl with raisins, pistachios, almonds and lemon zest.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or veggie stock
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup raisins
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one large lemon
- 1/3 cup roasted, slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted pistachios
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your quinoa according to package instructions, first rinsing thoroughly in a fine mesh strainer, then bringing to a boil with your chicken or veggie stock. Once it reaches a boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Once your quinoa is cooked, fluff it with a fork and remove it from the heat.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, raisins, olive oil, salt, pepper and stir. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with crushed pistachios and almonds. Will keep covered in the refrigerator for several days.
recipe and photo by Dana Shultz