Pork Stir-Fry with Garlic Broccoli
The Asian flavor you love without the delivery food guilt.
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into 1” pieces
- 3/4 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp. peeled chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper (halved, seeded and diced)
- 1 lb. boneless pork tenderloin (cut into ½” x 2” strips)
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
Steam broccoli for about 2 minutes, till bright green but still firm. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Drain and set aside.
In a food processor, pulse the following until minced: ¼ cup chicken broth, scallions, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to bowl and cover with towel to retain heat.
Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion mixture and sauté about 1 minute, stirring. Add pork strips and soy sauce, and sauté 4 minutes or until pork is nearly cooked.
Add remaining ½ cup chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add broccoli to skillet and stir until broccoli is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add onion and pepper back to pan.
Garnish with sesame seeds.
Source: Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start