Featured Blog Posts
Pineapple Agua Fresca
A refreshing, healthy fruity drink for all your spring and summer celebrations.
97 calories, 0 g fat, 2 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 19 g sugar, 1 g proteinYield: Four, 3/4 cup servings
- 1 ripe pineapple, cubed (~ 4-5 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 packet (~1/8 tsp) non-bitter stevia (or sub honey, sugar or Truvia)
- Add pineapple and 1 cup water to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over a fine mesh strainer over a mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula press the pulp down until all of the liquid has seeped through, being sure to knock and sweep the bottom to get every last drop.
- Transfer liquid to a large pitcher and add 1 - 2 cups more water (depending on preferred concentration).
- Add stevia or sweetener of choice and whisk. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. You could also add a touch of lemon or lime juice at this point if desired.
- Chill and stir once more before serving. Alternatively, add ice cubes, garnish with lime and pineapple and serve immediately!
photos by Dana Shultz