Pete's Man-Size Low-Calorie Breakfast Omelet
Biggest Losers will love breakfast with this hearty omelet.
Yield: Serves 1
- 1 uncooked Biggest Loser Breakfast Sausage patty, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Cheese & Chive Egg Beaters
- 1 wedge (3/4 ounce) Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb cheese, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Set a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it.
- With an oven mitt, briefly remove from the heat to mist with olive oil spray.
- Place the sausage, onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers in the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the pan. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Mist the pan with olive oil spray. Set over medium heat.
- Add the Egg Beaters. Cook, lifting the edges with a spatula as they start to set and tipping the pan for uncooked Egg Beaters to run underneath, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until almost set.
- With a spatula, flip the omelet. Scatter the cheese evenly over half of the egg mixture. Top with the reserved vegetables.
- Fold the omelet in half. Cook for about 1 minute, or until the cheese melts.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Season with salt and pepper. Serve your omelet immediately.
Source: Devin Alexander from the Biggest Loser Cookbook