A healthy appetizer in minutes.
- 1 tube (24 ounces) precooked, ready-to-heat polenta (see note), cut into twelve 1⁄2" slices
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto or bottled pesto (see note)
- 1⁄4 roasted red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 artichoke hearts, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low- or reduced-fat mozzarella or Italian cheese blend
- Fresh basil or thyme
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Spray the polenta slices lightly with olive oil cooking spray and place them on a baking sheet. Bake the polenta for 8 minutes. While it’s baking, place all the toppings in small bowls for quick and easy assembly. Turn the polenta slices over and bake for 8 minutes longer.
Remove the polenta from the oven and turn on the broiler. Top each baked polenta round with 1 teaspoon of marinara sauce. Add 1⁄2 teaspoon of pesto, a strip of roasted bell pepper, artichoke slices, and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
Broil the pizzettas for about 3 minutes, or just until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and light golden. Remove the pizzettas from the oven and top them with the fresh herbs. Serve immediately. Leftovers reheat well the next day!
Source: Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start