Peas with Dill
A hearty side dish packed with flavor that's good for you!
- ½ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweet peas
- 3 medium red potatoes
- ¾ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon wedges, for garnish
- Chop onion and lightly fry over medium heat in large frying pan with olive oil until translucent.
- Add in peas and dill.
- Quarter potatoes and add to pan.
- Add water until just covering peas. Cover pan and simmer until potato is soft but not overdone, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm. Garnish with fresh lemon wedges.
Recipe Source: An excerpt from the book Cholesterol Down by Janet Bond Brill, Ph.D., R.D., LDN; Published by Three Rivers Press; December 2006;$13.95US/$17.95CAN; 978-0-307-33911-9 Copyright © 2006 Janet Brill, Ph.D. To learn more about this book please visit http://www.CholesterolDownBook.com