Featured Blog Posts
Orzo with Fresh Vegetables
A whole grain, vegetarian side that's hearty and delicious, from the Biggest Loser Resort.
per 1/2-cup serving: 124 caloriesYield: Serves 5
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup chopped asparagus
- ¼ cup roasted peppers
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup broccoli flowerets
- ¼ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy butter, Earth Balance®
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a pot bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until “ Al dente."
- Drain and put in a mixing bowl. Add everything except for the asparagus and broccoli. Mix together.
- Steam the broccoli and asparagus (asparagus for 3 minutes, and broccoli for 5 minutes). Add to the orzo, mix and serve.
Serve with Lobster Stuffed Crab
Source: Biggest Loser Resort