A lighter version of this New Orleans classic.
This recipe is a much lower fat and carb version of this classic New Orleans sandwich. Enjoy these crowd-pleasing sandwiches for a Mardi Gras or Super Bowl party or take them along for a tailgate party. - Terry
- 2/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives or Spanish salad olives
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat Italian dressing
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 4 large green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 whole-grain flour tortillas or sandwich wraps
- 12 thin slices hard salami
- 12 thin slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
Combine olives, celery, parsley, dressing, oregano and garlic in a small bowl.
Put 1 lettuce leaf on each tortilla. Top each with 3 slices salami and 3 slices provolone cheese.
Sprinkle each with rounded ¼ cup olive mixture. Fold ends in and roll up tightly.
Cut in half to serve.
Recipe and photo created by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com