Featured Blog Posts
Microwave Baked Potato Chips
Bake low-fat potato chips in your microwave with this recipe from Devin Alexander.
Each serving (about 3/4-ounce) has: 88 calories; 2 grams protein; 17 grams carbohydrates; 1 grams fat; trace saturated fat; 0 milligrams cholesterol; 2 gram fiber; 6 milligrams sodiumYield: 2 servings
- 1 medium baking potato (7 to 8 ounces), scrubbed
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Slice the potato into very thin (about 1/16-inch thick) rounds.
- Place them in a large resealable plastic bag and drizzle the oil over them.
- Seal the bag and toss to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Season them with salt and toss again.
- Cover a large microwave-safe dinner plate with parchment paper. Lightly mist the paper with spray.
- Working in batches if necessary, place the potato slices on the parchment in a single layer.
- Microwave the potatoes on high for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the chips are completely crisp (be careful not to burn them). Allow them to cool for about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
From I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening by Devin Alexander