Lemon Oregano Grilled Tilapia with Parsley Rice
A savory and simple dinner from the 400 Calorie Fix book.
Yield: Serves 4
The fish portion is larger than the standard 4-ounce serving because tilapia and other white-fleshed fish are relatively low in calories.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
NOTE: Ingredients for a changed serving size are based on a calculation and are not reviewed by the author or tested. Please also consider scaling up or down cooking containers as needed.
- COMBINE the tilapia, oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Turn the tilapia to coat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- HEAT a ridged grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Remove the tilapia from the marinade and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper. Place the tilapia on the grill pan and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 minutes per side. (Cook the fish in 2 batches if necessary.) Transfer to a serving plate.
- MEANWHILE, prepare the rice according to package directions. Transfer the rice to a bowl and stir in the parsley. Divide the rice among 4 plates and serve with 1 fillet apiece.
Source: Used with Permission From 400 Calorie Fix © by Liz Vaccariello, Editor-in-Chief of Prevention, with Mindy Hermann, RD. Used with permission from Rodale, Inc. Visit 400 Calorie Fix. Photo: Ted Morrison