Featured Blog Posts
Italian Turkey Burgers
Savory burgers with an Italian flair.Yield: 4 burgers; 1 per serving
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 sprays olive oil cooking spray
- 2 small tomatoes, ripe, yellow and/or red, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil, fresh, leaves, torn or thinly shredded
- 4 reduced-calorie hamburger rolls
Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, onion, garlic, fennel seed, salt and pepper; form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Coat burgers and inside of rolls with cooking spray.
Grill burgers for 5 minutes; flip burgers and add rolls to grill. Grill open-face rolls until lightly charred, about 1 to 2 minutes; remove to serving plates. Grill burgers until cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
To serve, top grilled rolls with tomato slices and burgers; garnish with basil.