Holiday Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar
|Vitamin A:||180iu (3%)|
|Vitamin C:||0mg (0%)|
1 decorative jar or cookie tin
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp apple pie spice
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Pack sugars in the bottom of the cookie jar.
2. Mix the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and apple pie spice in a bowl and add to the jar.
3. Layer the chips, pecans and cranberries on top of the flour mix.
4. Seal the jar and attach a note with the following directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Empty the jar into a large mixing bowl and mix with your hands.
3. Add the following ingredients and mix well:
1 stick trans-fat-free margarine
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
4. Shape into walnut size balls, and place 2 inches apart on a nonstick baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove from pan after a few minutes and cool on wire rack. Makes 3 dozen.