Harvest Chopped Salad with Orange Ginger Vinaigrette
This hearty entree salad is a bounty of fall fruits and vegetables with a tangy homemade dressing.Yield: Serves 4
- 1 medium red beet, peeled and grated
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 ounces halved walnuts
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 cups fresh greens (your choice of kale, spring greens, spinach, or other)
Orange Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 orange zested, 2 Tbsp. fresh juice
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- pinch Kosher salt.
Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
Using a whisk or emulsifier, combine the vinaigrette, then toss with the salad and serve.