Ham and Cheese Omelet
A classic omelet favorite the low-carb way.
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbs. water
- 3 slices extra-lean ham
- 3 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Chopped chives or thinly sliced scallions
- Beat eggs and egg whites with water in a medium bowl until blended.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Add eggs and cook over medium heat until bottom is set, gently pushing edges of omelet towards center to allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
- Place ham and cheese slices on one half of omelet. Fold other half over top.
- Remove from heat and let stand 1 minute or until cheese melts. Cut in half to serve and sprinkle with chopped chives if desired.
Recipe reviewed and nutritional analysis completed by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com