Featured Blog Posts
Gourmet Roast Beef Roll-Ups
Biggest Loser's answer for healthy appetizers.
226 Calories, 22g Protein, 30g Carbohydrates, 5g Fat , 1g Saturated Fat, 35mg Cholesterol, 3g Fiber, 409mg SodiumYield: Serves 1
- 1 Tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 whole-wheat flour, 96% fat-free tortilla (8" diameter)
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper strips*
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 oz. shaved cooked London Broil or lean, low-sodium deli roast beef
**1/4 cup of jarred roasted bell peppers approximately 300mg of sodium. Try to roast fresh peppers at home if possible.*
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and chili garlic sauce to taste. Stir to mix well.
- Place the tortilla on a cutting board. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over about two-thirds of the tortilla to the edges. Top the cream cheese mixture with the pepper strips, basil, and roast beef.
- Starting at the filled end, roll the tortilla tightly into a tube, being careful not to tear it.
- Space 8 toothpicks evenly across it and poke them into the tube so they go through and touch the cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut between the tortilla to make 8 pieces.
- Take one piece and push the toothpick through so that the roll is evenly spaced in the center. Repeat with the remaining pieces. Arrange, spiral side up, on a serving plate.
- Serve your roast beef immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
Source: Devin Alexander from the Biggest Loser Cookbook