Featured Blog Posts
Dave's Teriyaki Tofu
A vegetarian recipe created by Biggest Loser season one.
118 Calories, 13g Protein, 10g Carbohydrates, 3g Fat, 0mg cholesterol, 2g Fiber, 597mg SodiumYield: Serves 2
- 12 oz. light firm tofu, drained and cut into 1" cubes
- 3 whole green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. hot sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 Tbs. light teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 tsp. red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
Place a nonstick wok or skillet over high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to lightly mist with olive oil spray. Heat for 3 seconds.
Add the tofu, green onions, garlic, ginger, olive oil, and sesame oil. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the broccoli. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 12 minutes, or until the tofu is browned on all sides.
Stir in the teriyaki sauce. Season with pepper flakes. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds, or until the sauce thickens slightly. Spoon onto two serving plates. Serve your teriyaki tofu immediately.
Source: Devin Alexander from the Biggest Loser Cookbook