Creamy Parmesan White Wine Sauce with Pasta
We made our take on guilt-free Alfredo sauce with only 419 calories!Yield: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup King's Ridge Pinot Gris
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- handful of fresh, chopped basil
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
Prepare chicken breast; we prefer lightly peppered and cooked on the grill. Slice thin and set aside.
Cook the pasta according to package instructions, strain, and set aside.
In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and add the garlic. Then stir in the flour to create a paste. Whisk constantly and slowly add the broth and wine. Continue to stir until nearly at the point of boiling. The mixture should start to thicken. Finally, add the cheeses and pepper, whisking until well combined, creamy, and smooth.
Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce, as well as the peas, mushrooms, fresh basil, and grilled chicken. Toss everything together until well combined and serve.
Recipe by Brandi Koskie; Photos by Kacy Meinecke