Chocolate Chip and Banana Pudding Cakes
Comfort food in the form of dessert from the 1500 Calorie a Day Cookbook.
Yield: Serves 8 (1 cake per serving)
- 1 6.4-ounce package banana nut muffin mix
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 6-ounce jar pureed carrots (baby food)
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon pourable sugar substitute, such as Splenda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray eight 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the muffin mix, chocolate chips, carrots, water, and vanilla; stir until just moistened. Do not overmix.
Spoon equal amounts of the batter into each ramekin, sprinkle evenly with the wheat germ, and bake 14 minutes or until the muffins are golden on top and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the sugar substitute with the cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over all.
Source: 1500 Calorie a Day Cookbook