Central California Gorgonzola Pasta Toss
A healthy excuse to enjoy a hearty bowl of pasta.
- 1 pound penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 c. grape seed oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 3 medium vine ripened large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. pitted Kalamata olives
- 6 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled*
*Total vegetarians may omit Gorgonzola cheese in this recipe.
- Cook penne pasta in boiling water until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat grape seed or olive oil in large skillet. Stir in garlic, black pepper, chopped red and yellow bell pepper, and sliced green onions. Sauté 5 minutes, then add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, and Kalamata olives. Cook until peppers are just crisp-tender.
- Drain hot pasta and place in large serving bowl. Pour in vegetables and crumbled Gorgonzola. Toss until evenly mixed and serve immediately.
Source: Sharon Palmer, RD