Featured Blog Posts
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
It's the buffalo wing platter, deconstructed. Enjoy this bold bowl of pasta for 422 calories!Yield: Serves 8
- 16 oz whole grain penne pasta
- 16 oz. cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles (or reduced-fat feta)
- 1/2-1 cup hot sauce (based on your own preference)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
Prepare the pasta per package instructions, then drain, rinse and set aside.
Shred the cooked chicken (use a rotisserie chicken from the deli, skin removed, to save time) and set aside in a large mixing bowl. To this add the carrots, celery, tomatoes, and cheese.
In a separate bowl, stir together the hot sauce through onion powder until the dressing is well combined.
To the chicken and vegetables, add the pasta and the dressing, tossing liberally until everything is well coated.
Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe by Brandi Koskie; Photos by Kacy Meinecke